Most of these are changing our habits and taking time to notice this beautiful world around us.
I can say with confidence that I am feeling so happy and content the last few weeks.
March's goal was to go to church each weekend. I know that seems like a crazy easy goal, but I have been discouraged in my Catholic faith since living in Florida. We left great Catholic communities in both Iowa and Texas. I felt that our church in Texas truly was a second home- I went to classes, was involved in planning activities, the preschool was there, my closest friends were there.
| chapel used for retreats from when i taught |
Here. It is different. I think part of it is the demographics of the area. Retired people are catered to in our church, and that is fine, they provide much of the funding our church needs. They also overwhelm our church. Last year I avoided church in the spring because there were just too many people and we would be standing, or in the cry room (the worst place ever). I was not able to focus and get my cup filled.
This year our church sanctuary is under renovations. They are holding two extra masses to accommodate - one in our ballroom and one in our new gymnasium. We have a place to sit and I have enjoyed the kids being at ages where they can handle themselves better for the hour we are there. I feel like my faith is becoming more in sync. March HP has been a success and will continue! I am in a good rhythm!

April's Happiness Project is to not gossip or engage in negative talk.
This is hard because I often get sucked into conversations. In order to have a relationship with the person I am speaking with, I will reaffirm what they are saying and try to add to it. That is, unfortunately, a draw back of my "strengths" of empathy and harmony. I am a chameleon - adapting to the people around me.... which means I need to be around people who don't play that game. Or, at least be up front and tell people that for this month, I am not speaking poorly about others. I do believe it tears at our souls and makes us miserable people to be around.
If you're reading this, please hold me accountable!
And since this is my birthday month, I'd also like to practice some self-love and each day write down something that I like about myself.
My eyes are an easy place to start. I love the color, especially when I wear something that brings out the blues or greens.
I was also recently told that I would not be a candidate for Lasik surgery, though I wasn't at a consult for it, because of the shape of my cornea. I was bummed that this wouldn't be a possibility for me... but I will embrace my contact-lens wearing eyes and thank God I have the ability to see the beauty around me......